Guidelines & Practices
Guidelines & Practices (Updated March 2018)
- Due to liability issues, delivery crews are not permitted to bring equipment into private residences.
- Standard delivery hours are from 8am-5pm Monday-Saturday. Additional fees may be incurred for deliveries and pickups requested outside of our standard delivery hours. Deliveries and/or pickups required within specified time frames, Sundays or Holidays may also be subject to additional fees.
- Deliveries are to be made to a dock, door, garage or locale that is immediately accessible by our trucks. If delivery requires a long carry, stairs or an elevator, additional portage fees may apply.
- Customer agrees to have the event site clean and properly prepared for the delivery and installation or dismantling and retrieval of rental items. Additional charges may be incurred for any delays encountered or additional labor performed by Tates Tents & Events resulting from event site delays.
- Setup and tear down of tables and chairs is not included with the delivery. For an additional fee, setup and tear down will be done if pre-arranged with Idaho Tents & Events. A diagram of the event layout and on-site contact person is required if labor will be supplied by Idaho Tents & Events.
- Changes (reductions and deletions) may be made up until 72 hours before delivery or customer pickup. After that, orders are packed, staged, invoiced and may be subject to cancellation fee if reduced after already being finalized.
- Additions will be accepted until 5pm the day before delivery and will be packed and invoiced as a separate order. Additional items will be subject to availability.
- A restocking fee of 30% may be assessed to all items cancelled less than three days prior to scheduled delivery or customer pickup date.
- Any on-site cancellations of items delivered will be subject to a 50% re-stocking fee. If cancellation occurs after items have already been unloaded, customer will be subject to a 100% re-stocking fee.
- Tents can be cancelled free of charge if done so 72 hours prior to delivery. If cancelled after that time, the following fees will apply:
- Customer will incur a 30% restocking fee for cancellations made with less than 72 hours notice before delivery or up until the delivery day.
- Any on-site cancellations of tents delivered will be subject to a 50% re-stocking fee. If tent is all ready set and then cancelled customer will be subject to a 100% re-stocking fee.
- Last minute requests for tents will be subject to availability and time constraints due to the excessive demand for tents in inclement weather.
- For safety reasons for you and your guests, staking of tents is always preferred over cement block weighting as staking provides more holding power. Any tents 30’ wide or smaller may use block weights for an additional fee but staking is still highly recommended.
- Due to liability concerns and more importantly the overall safety of our customers, Idaho Tents requires that our trained staff install all tents regardless of tent size.